+41 52 74280 10
Commercial Register Schaffhausen
The purpose of the cookies is in particular the analysis of the use of this website for statistical evaluation as well as for continuous improvements.
In your browser, you can disable all or part of cookies in the settings at any time. In this case, you may not be able to use all of this features.
Thank you for visiting our website and your interest in our company. We would like to inform you briefly about Sonoswiss AG, Ramsen data protection policies.
§ 1 - Name and address of the data controller
The data controller under Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (referred to below as: “GDPR”) and other national data protection laws of the member states and other provisions of data protection law is:
§ 2 - General information on data processing
- In principle we only collect and use your personal data to the extent required to provide a functional website and our content and services. As a rule we only collect and use your personal data based on consent. An exception applies in those cases where obtaining prior consent is not possible for factual reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by statutory regulations.
- If we obtain your consent for the processing of personal data, the legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR.
In the case of the processing of personal data that is required for the performance of a contract to which you are party, the legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR. This also applies to processing operations required for the implementation of pre-contractual measures.
If the processing of your personal data is required for compliance with a legal obligation to which our company is subject, the legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) c) GDPR.
If the processing is required to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interest as first stated, the legal basis for processing is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
- Your personal data is not transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We only share your personal data with third parties if
- your express consent has been obtained under Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 a) GDPR,
- this is required under Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 b) GDPR for the performance of a contract to which you are party,
- sharing such data is required under Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 c) GDPR for compliance with a legal obligation or
- sharing such data is required under Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interest as first stated.
- We sometimes use external service providers as commissioned data processors for the processing of your data. We select and appoint these carefully, and they are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
- Your personal data is deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage no longer exists. It may be stored for a longer period if this is stipulated by European or national legislators in regulations, laws or other provisions under EU law to which the data controller is subject. The data is also blocked or deleted if the period of storage specified by the standards referred to expires, unless there is a requirement for a longer storage period for the data for the conclusion or performance of a contract.
§ 3 - Provision of the website / Creation of log files
- Every time someone visits our website, our system automatically records data and information from the computer system of the computer accessing it. The following data is collected in the process:
- website from which the request originates,
- IP address,
- date and time of the request,
- content of the request (specific page),
- access status/HTTP status code,
- the relevant quantity of data transferred,
- operating system and its interface,
- search text entered.
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. This data is not stored together with other personal data.
- The legal basis for the temporary storage of the data and the log files is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
- Temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to allow our website to send information to your computer. Your IP address must be stored for this purpose for the duration of the session.
Log files are stored to ensure the functionality of our website. We also use the data to improve our website and ensure the security of our IT systems. The data is not analysed for marketing purposes in this context.
Our legitimate interest in the data processing for these purposes is also based on Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
- The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
If the data is recorded for the provision of our website, this is the case when the session concerned ends. If the data is stored in log files, this is the case no later than after 14 days. However, a longer period of storage is possible. In this case your IP address is deleted or disguised so that it can no longer be allocated to the client accessing it. The search text you enter is not deleted but used to improve our website and is deleted after no more than 180 days.
- The recording of the data and the storage of your data in log files are absolutely essential for the provision and operation of our website respectively. You (the user) consequently do not have the option of objecting.
Cookies are text files that are stored in or by the web browser on the user's computer system. If a user accesses a website, a cookie may be stored on the user's operating system. This cookie contains a distinctive sequence of characters, the so-called “session ID”, that makes it possible for the browser to be clearly identified when the user visits the website once more.
- Where no explicit consent by the user has been obtained in accordance with Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR, the legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
We require cookies for the following applications:
- identifying the user after registration in the Partner Area (see § 5 below)
- web analysis by Matomo (see § 7 below)
The user data collected by technically essential cookies is not used for the creation of user profiles.
§ 5 - Partner Area
- We offer our service and distribution partners which have the relevant identification/legitimisation the option of logging into our Partner Area. In the Partner Area our service and distribution partners can view and download product information and documents. The following data is processed when the Partner Area is used:
- company name,
- first and last name,
- customer number,
- email address and
- telephone number.
The following data is also stored at the time a document is downloaded:
- the user's IP address,
- date and time of the download.
Independent registration on our website for the Partner Area is not possible. The above data is not shared with third parties.
- The legal basis for the processing of the above data is Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR.
The storage of data during the downloading of a document is used to improve our website and ensure the security of our IT systems. Our legitimate interest in the data processing for these purposes is also based on Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
This data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected; this is the case no later than 180 days after a user has unsubscribed from the Partner Area.
- You can withdraw your consent for the processing of your data for access to the Partner Area at any time. Please contact the data controller specified in § 1 above or send an email to this effect to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent, your access to the Partner Area is blocked and you can no longer access product information and documents in the Partner Area.
§ 6 - Contact form / Contact by email
- There are various specific contact forms on our website that you can use to make contact electronically, e.g. with headquarters, sales and support, or to download software updates. If you make use of this option, in addition to the message or description of the situation/problem itself, the following data (where entered in the contact form) in particular is transmitted to us and stored:
- company name,
- telephone number,
- email address,
- industry and
The following data is also stored at the time the contact form is sent:
- date and time the contact form is sent
The above data is used solely for communicating with you. It may sometimes be necessary for us to share your enquiry or data with the trade partner responsible for you which may have its registered office in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). You must consent to the sharing of this data in the course of contacting us via the contact form provided.
Alternatively, you can also contact us via the email address provided. In that case, your personal data transmitted with the email is stored and, where necessary, may also be shared with the trade partner responsible for you.
- The legal basis for the processing of the data sent via the contact form or in the course of sending an email is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. If the purpose of contact is the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR.
- The processing of data from the contact form and your email is used solely for processing the contact or your enquiry; the necessary legitimate interest in processing the data is also based on this.
The other personal data processed during the transmission process is used to prevent misuse of the contact form and ensure the security of our IT systems.
- The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. If there are any statutory obligations of retention in this respect, we adapt the processing accordingly.
No additional personal data is collected during the transmission process.
- If you contact us by email or using the contact form, you can object to the storage of your personal data at any time. If you do so, it may not be possible to process your enquiry further. All personal data stored in the course of contacting us is then deleted.
§ 7 - Web analysis by Matomo
- We use the open source software tool Matomo (formerly PIWIK) on our website to analyse the surfing behaviour of our users. The software places a cookie on your computer (for cookies see above). If individual pages of our website are accessed, the following data is stored:
- two bytes of the IP address of the user's system accessing it,
- monitor resolution,
- operating system and its interface,
- country, derived from the original IP address of the user's system accessing it, and
- search terms entered.
In so doing, the software runs solely on our website's servers. Your personal data is not stored. The above data is not shared with third parties or linked to the form data.
The software is set up in such a way that the complete IP addresses are not stored, but 2 bytes of the IP address are masked (e.g. 192.168.xxx.xxx). This way it is not possible to allocate the abbreviated IP address to the computer accessing it.
- The legal basis for the processing of your personal data in this respect is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
- The processing of your personal data makes it possible for us to analyse your surfing behaviour. By analysing the data obtained we are able to compile information about the use of the individual components of our website. This helps us to make continuous improvements to our website and make it more user-friendly. Our legitimate interest in the processing of the data for these purposes is also based on Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. Your interest in protecting your personal data is sufficiently met by anonymising the IP address.
- The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for our recording purposes. This is the case here after 180 days.
- We provide the possibility of opting-out (option of objecting) from the analytical process on our website. You can deactivate the collection of data via Piwik if you send an E-mail to. info@ . This way a further cookie is placed on your system that signals to our system not to store your data. If you delete the relevant cookie from your own system in the interim, you must place the opt-out cookie once more. sonoswiss.ch
- You can find more detailed information on the Matomo privacy settings here.
§ 8 - Your rights
- If your personal data is processed, you are the data subject in the meaning of the GDPR and have the following rights with regard to us relating to the personal data that concerns you:
- Right to access information (Art. 15 GDPR),
- Right to rectification or erasure (Art. 16, 17 GDPR),
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR),
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR),
- Right to object to processing (Art. 21 GDPR).
- You have the right to withdraw your declaration of consent under data protection law at any time. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the legality of processing that has taken place based on the consent up to the time of withdrawal.
- In order to claim the above rights and for questions about data protection, you can contact the data controller specified in § 1 above or send an email to this effect to email@example.com
- Notwithstanding any other legal remedy under administrative law or judicial remedy, if you are of the opinion that the processing of personal data concerning you is in breach of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your place of residence, your workplace or the place of the alleged breach. You as the complainant will be instructed by the supervisory authority to which you have submitted your complaint about the status and results of your complaint, including the option of judicial remedy under Art. 78 GDPR.
§ 9 - Data security
We otherwise use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction, or against access by unauthorised third parties. Our security measures are continuously being improved in accordance with technological developments.